Nowadays, computer has become closely related with our work and daily life. To set a password is necessary to protect Windows System from others’ unauthorized users. Then, what will you feel when you come across the situations that you forgot windows server 2003 password?
We can reset windows password by available accounts with admin right, including the built-in admin account. Take the steps below:
1. Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete twice when computer starts.
2. Log on windows with the admin account.
3. Click Start→Run→type in control user passwords→OK
4. Choose the user name you want to reset password for, click Reset Password.
5. Type in a new password and click OK on the Reset Password dialog box, click OK.
6. Restart the computer and log on with the new password.
If you can solve your problem with the ways,you can use windows server 2003 password reset disk.The disk is a CD/DVD or USB drive that should be put into computer to make it into a password reset disk through Control Panel. The detail steps to make a password reset disk for windows server 2003 password reset are written below:
1. Click Start and select Control Panel.
2. Find the User Account and Family Safety and click User Account.
3. Insert the CD/DVD or USB drive and click on create a password reset disk.
4. Click Next on the Forgotten Password Wizard.
5. Select the device you used to create the password reset disk.
6. Type current user account password and click OK.
When you forgotten windows server 2003 password one day, take the disk out and put it into the computer. windows server 2003 password recovery can be finished in a few minutes. Make sure you have kept the disk in a safe place, because anyone who owns it can reset your windows password if he can get physical access to it.